When something goes wrong on a harbour or river bar, the consequences can be severe.
Too often we see boaties getting into strife on harbour and river bars because they don't understand all the risks and the steps needed to mange them. While the evening won't fully equip boaties lacking the experience to tackle a bar crossing, our Raising the Bar seminar has been developed to help educate boaties interested in knowing more about crossing bars.
These interactive sessions will be somewhere between 1 - 1.5 hours and be presented by a number of friendly and approachable specialists who will cover things such as:
- Why they are dangerous
- What should you consider before planning a trip
- What sort of equipment should you have on the boat
- What steps should you take to keep your vessel and crew safe
- Communication protocols including lodging the vital Bar Crossing report with Coastguard
- Local area knowledge such as channels and leads
Entry is free - a donation towards costs would be greatly appreciated.